Position: Senior Commissioning Manager – Water
Salary Guide: £70,000 – £75,000 (DOE) Plus Car Allowance, Bonus and Excellent Benefits
Our client is a Tier 1 D&B Contractor operating predominately in the water industry, who are delivering a number of water and wastewater non-infrastructure projects for Yorkshire Water and they are recruiting for a Senior Commissioning Manager who will lead the commissioning activities across four frameworks throughout the region.
- Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation, Control and Automation (MEICA) installations predominate when delivering water sector asset improvements. The process and MEICA Commissioning Manager role is therefore a key position within their Yorkshire Water team
- You will plan, co-ordinate and resource the off and on-site process and MEICA commissioning activities that will deliver exceptional commissioning performance across the framework.
- You will initially work with the Production Team and other subject experts to formulate a detailed and timed Commissioning Delivery Plan incorporating the Company’ and Yorkshire Water’s specific requirements. The plan will be regularly updated and will provide the basis for performance monitoring.
- You will ensure that commissioning requirements are considered from the earliest stages of project delivery to provide reliable, efficient and successful commissioning outcomes which delight Yorkshire Water Operations.
- You will work closely with Project Teams and Commissioning Engineers and with Yorkshire Water’s Commissioning and Operational Teams to safely delivery successful commissioning outcomes.
Responsibilities will include:
- Commissioning Plans: Work with Project Teams and Yorkshire Water to generate Commissioning Plans during Project Brief/Outline Design stage thus positively influencing direction. Add further detail and granularity to these plans as the project develops
- Commissioning Systems and Records: Put in place robust commissioning processes and procedures that reflect the Company and Yorkshire Water’s requirements and facilitate exceptional commissioning performance. Ensure that commissioning is undertaken comprehensively, and records and inspections are accurately and reliably produced and signed off. Ensure Quality Assurance Systems compliance.
- Resources: Identify and recruit sufficient competent resources to deliver the framework commissioning requirements including appointing and supporting the development of technical apprentices and graduates.
- Project Management: Work closely with Project Managers to provide technical expertise and deliver all commissioning activities cost-efficiently and in accordance with the contract programme and applicable standards and specifications.
- Operation and Maintenance: Ensure that great quality Training, Operation and Maintenance Manuals are produced and that training of Yorkshire-Water personnel is undertaken. Provide aftercare services to Yorkshire-Water during the defects period.
- Process Safety Management: Put in place framework specific processes and procedures to ensure that wider process/energy related risks are identified and controlled.
- Health and Safety: Through meticulous planning and supervision, ensure that testing and commissioning is undertaken safely.
- Co-ordination: Coordinate internal and supplier resources and ensure close liaison with Yorkshire Water operational and commissioning staff throughout project delivery.
- Design: Strong collaborative approach to integrate their own and supply chain expertise with designers (Wood PLC) throughout project delivery to make sure that commissioning requirements are incorporated into the design. Provide specialist technical expertise to the design staff.
- Reporting: Provide monthly commissioning reports to the Framework Senior Leadership Team.
- Digital Engineering: Utilise digital tools and expertise to positively influence commissioning planning and delivery including the use of 3D models to aid visualisation.
- Efficiency: Manage the planning and organisation of tasks, people and resources to maximise efficiency and improve wellbeing.
- Capacity and Competence: Put in place the appropriate training, mentoring and coaching arrangements to ensure that commissioning teams (including Wood and Strategic Suppliers) have the appropriate technical skills and competence and exhibit the right culture and behaviours to deliver exceptional performance.
- You will be a technically adept and analytical leader who can co-ordinate multiple work streams and meet challenging deadlines.
- You will have a detailed and competent technical knowledge of mechanical, electrical and chemical engineering commissioning. This would ideally be in the water sector, but this is not essential.
- You will have an appreciation of MMC, Lean Construction, Agile Programme Management, Production Thinking and other techniques that assure programme and quality performance.
- Proficient in the use of computer packages including the BIM software to analyse schematic drawings and survey reports to aid commissioning planning and delivery.
- Minimum HNC qualified in a mechanical, electrical or chemical engineering subject.
- SMSTS safety qualification and CSCS is desirable.
- EUSR Water Hygiene Card is desirable.