Position: Process Technician/Commissioning Engineer
Location: Thames Water Region (Thames Valley)
Salary Guide: £40,000 – £55,000 (DOE) Plus Car Allowance and Excellent Benefits
Our client is a Tier 1 D&B Contractor operating predominately in the water industry, who are delivering a number of water and wastewater non-infrastructure projects for Thames Water and they are recruiting for Process Engineer to work on these exciting projects throughout Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire and Gloucestershire.
The process Technician/Engineers role is a key position within the Thames Water team where you will plan, co-ordinate and resource the off and on-site testing activities that will deliver exceptional take-over performance across the framework.
You will initially work with the Commissioning Manager and Production Team to formulate a detailed and timed Take-Over Delivery Plan incorporating the Company’s and Thames Water’s specific requirements. The plan will be regularly updated and will provide the basis for performance monitoring.
You will ensure that Process testing requirements are considered from the earliest stages of project delivery and providing reliable, efficient and successful Process testing outcomes for Thames Water Operations. You will work closely with our Project Teams and Commissioning Manager and with Thames Water’s Commissioning and Operational Teams to safely delivery successful Process/Testing outcomes.
Responsibilities will include:
- Take-over compliance testing programmes: Work with Project Teams, Commissioning Manager and Thames Water to generate Take-Over compliance Testing Plan during Project Brief/Outline Design stage thus positively influencing direction. Add further detail and granularity to these plans as the project develops.
- Process Systems and Records: Put in place robust processes and procedures that reflect the Company and Thames Water requirements and facilitate exceptional take-over performance. Ensure that take-over testing is undertaken comprehensively, and records and inspections are accurately and reliably produced and signed off. Ensure Quality Assurance Systems compliance.
- Resources: Identify and recruit sufficient competent resources to deliver the framework take-over testing requirements including appointing and supporting the development of technical apprentices and graduates.
- Project Management: Work closely with the Commissioning Manager to provide technical expertise and deliver all activities cost-efficiently and in accordance with the contract programme and applicable standards and specifications.
- Process Safety Management: Put in place framework specific processes and procedures to ensure that wider process/energy related risks are identified and controlled.
- Health and Safety: Through meticulous planning and supervision, ensure that testing and commissioning is undertaken safely.
- Co-ordination: Coordinate internal and supplier resources and ensure close liaison with Thames Water operational and staff throughout project delivery.
- Design: Strong collaborative approach to integrate our own and supply chain expertise with our designers (Arcadis) throughout project delivery to make sure that take-over testing requirements are incorporated into the design. Provide specialist technical expertise to the design staff.
- Reporting: Provide monthly take-over testing reports to the Commissioning Manager & Senior leadership team.
- Efficiency: Manage the planning and organisation of tasks, people and resources to maximise efficiency and improve wellbeing.
- Capacity and Competence: Put in place the appropriate training, mentoring and coaching arrangements to ensure that take-over testing teams (including Arcadis and Strategic Suppliers) have the appropriate technical skills and competence and exhibit the right culture and behaviours to deliver exceptional performance.
- Culture: Fully embrace the Company’s and Thames Water’s cultural vision, consistently demonstrating collaborative behaviours.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- You will be a technically strong and analytical leader who can co-ordinate multiple work streams and meet challenging deadlines.
- You will have a detailed and competent technical knowledge of Clean/Wastewater system. This would ideally be in the water sector, but this is not essential.
- You will have an appreciation of MMC, Lean Construction, Agile Programme Management, Production Thinking and other techniques that assure programme and quality performance.
- Can work independently or as part of a diverse team.
- Proficient in the use of computer packages and able to make up reports/Schedules to aid take over planning and delivery of projects.
- Display a creative and forward-thinking approach to problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication and engagement skills – ability to bring the whole team on the MMC journey including Thames Water and our specialist supply chain.
- Minimum HNC qualified in a chemical engineering subject.
- Professional qualification is desirable.
- SMSTS safety qualification is desirable.