Regional Construction Manager – Anaerobic Digestion & Biomethane
£80,000 – £100,000 (DOE) Plus Car Allowance and Package
Our client is developing and building multiple multi-year Contracts and Projects in the UK and thy are looking for skilled people to deliver on these fantastic opportunities in Anaerobic Digestion and Biomethane. They are recruiting for a Construction Manager to ensure the successful completion of multiple challenging anaerobic digestor construction projects each valued at £25m with a total spend of £400m.
You will manage a construction management team comprising multiple site engineers. It will be your responsibility to ensure all construction activities are provided in compliance with the scheme deliverables from development stage through to project completion and with zero defects. You will work closely together on this with the principal contractor and the subcontractor’s delivery teams.
You will have a key role in managing health, safety, environmental and sustainability, with responsibility for ensuring a consistent approach. In addition, you will implement a culture of collaboration, best practice and continuous improvement across the programme and supply chain.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Develop, sustain and lead a high performing and integrated construction management team by assigning and leading people with the right attitude, skills, and experience to deliver the assigned projects
- Ensure the Client’s CDM (2015) roles and duties are performed correctly and that all projects are properly resourced
- Ensure the correct notifications and permits are in place to carry out the works
- Lead people from different partner companies, utilising their knowledge and experience to achieve best practice
- Responsibility to train, coach, and mentor team members to perform their roles, to fulfil their objectives and to drive a culture of coaching and feedback
- Ensure ongoing planning of project needs
- Work closely with the Senior Management Team to establish long term resource needs, future view on resources, proactively inform or escalate any shortfalls or gaps in resources against the delivery plan and take appropriate steps to remedy
- Ensure SHEQ is fully considered during the development and implementation of strategies, projects, standards, and processes and is not comprised at any time or in any circumstances
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Comprehensive construction management experience in a similar position with a Process/Civil Engineering Contractor
- Relevant experience on challenging, multi-million pound projects within a process industry such as anaerobic digestion, water/wastewater or energy from waste
- Proven experience of managing teams of between 5 to 20 reports at a leadership level, along with significant H&S experience.
- Civil Engineering/Construction Management qualification
- NEBOSH or IOSH qualification
- Microsoft Project
- Collaborative Planning Tools
The company has excellent prospects ahead and plans to grow substantially in the coming years.
In return we offer a competitive salary, flexible working arrangements and an excellent career path.