Position: Assistant Project Manager – Water
Salary Guide: £55,000 (Plus Excellent Benefits)
Our client is a Tier 1 D&B Contractor operating predominately in the water industry, who are delivering a number of water and wastewater non-infrastructure projects supporting 6 major frameworks throughout the UK.
They are looking to recruit an Assistant Project Manager for a major water treatment project for Severn Trent Water. The project is valued at over £50m and will incorporate the latest technology, which has rarely been used in the UK previously. You will work with and support the Senior Project Manager and be an integral part of the project delivery team.
The responsibilities will include:
- Promote exceptional safety and delivery quality standards to direct and subcontracted work force.
- Maintain the Company’s reputation on a project by ensuring good relationships are maintained.
- Support and where appropriate ensuring that the BMS is implemented at all stages throughout the project delivery process.
- Support and where appropriate ensuring, in conjunction with the design manager, that an adequate technical, safety and environmental review is carried out for each project to ensure successful delivery.
- Support and where appropriate ensuring all commercial aspects of the project are managed in a timely and proactive way giving accurate forecast and estimates.
- Understanding and implementing the Quality, Safety and Environmental Policies and Targets.
- Supporting the project team in ensuring that all legal and industry standards impacted by the project are achieved.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering background
- Previous water industry experience, preferable on clean water projects
- Good working knowledge of all relevant H&S legislation and in particular duty holder relationships of CDM.
- H&S qualification SMSTS/IOSH/NEBOSH
- Relevant CSCS Card
- Ideally working towards professional recognition with a chartered body
- Experience of the delivery of multi-disciplinary projects
- Experience in using Primavera or Power project