Our client is looking for a Civil Estimator to join their team. They are looking for someone with experience in preparing and submitting successful tenders for varied and challenging Infrastructure projects, under a variety of forms of procurement.
In this role tenders will be predominantly in the Water Sector under their frameworks with Yorkshire Water Services and Thames Water.
* Appraisal of tender documents.
* Managing the tender pricing process ensuring completion and recording of all necessary process documentation to satisfy formal procedures.
* Initiation of technical queries and ensuring design is sufficiently developed to enable accurate costings.
* Preparation of material, equipment and sub-contract enquiries including selection of prospective suppliers and subcontractors.
* Attending strategy/opportunity meetings with project team.
* Visiting site to identify site specific risks.
* Risk and Value management during the tender period.
* Preparation of budgets and cost plans.
* Preparing tender Bills of Quantities if necessary.
* Preparation of analytical cost estimates including preliminaries.
* Using construction knowledge and commercial experience in conjunction with other members of the bid team to ensure competitive bids.
* Adjudication and comparison of supplier and subcontractor quotations.
* Contribution to value engineering throughout the design phase of design and build projects.
* Presentation of the tender to senior management at tender settlement meetings including highlighting relevant commercial issues.
* Completion of tender documentation and submission of the tender.
* Ensuring a smooth handover of the project to the site team.
* Supervision and mentoring of other estimators where required.
Knowledge Skills & Experience
* Appropriate Construction qualification – HND/Degree or similar.
* Competent use of Microsoft packages e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, Access.
* Experience of analytical water industry estimating.
* Experience of all forms of civil engineering contract including traditional, partnering, design & build 2 stage tenders and frameworks.
* Experience of using estimating software (Conquest or similar).
* Well developed technical construction knowledge.
* Further Engineering qualification eg. CEng, MICE.
* Demonstrable development of personal skills and capability through on-going training, experience and mentoring.
* Awareness of BIM.
* Enthusiastic with the desire to win.
* Able to work flexibly to tight deadlines.
* Effective communicator.
* Ability to work as a team member or on own initiative.
* Resourceful, reliable.
* Innovative and lateral thinking.