Position: Site Agent/Site Manager – Water
Salary Guide: £50,000 – £55,000 Plus Package
Our client is a Principal Contractor operating within the water industry and they have been selected to deliver a large scheme for the design and build of a new water treatment plant near Bournemouth. This is an £80m+ scheme with a three year programme which utilises the latest water treatment technology and processes.
They currently have a requirement for a Civil Site Agent/Site Manager to work on this project and in this role you will manage the initial enabling works before seeing the project through to completion. Reporting to the Senior Project Manager of the you will ensure the successful completion of project whilst maintaining and improving client relationships, and adherence to the quality, safety and environmental policies of the business.
- Resource allocation and management of Site staff;
- Reporting to the senior Manager on Department budget control procedures for contracts and progress against programme;
- Ensure safe systems of work and the Company Safety Policy are practiced;
- Enforcement and monitoring of the Division’s Quality Assurance and Env systems;
- Management of projects/contracts;
- Motivation of staff;
- Communication at all levels regarding progress of projects;
- Staff recruitment;
- Directly supervise Sub Agents, General Foreman;
- Indirectly supervise Site Engineer, Foreman and Gangers.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Essential Civil Engineering, preferred BSc Degree in Civil Engineering
- Evidence of relevant post graduation practical training e.g. attendance on courses for Form of Contracts, Formwork/Falsework Appreciation, Concrete Technology, H & S Management etc.
- Has held a similar position with a medium to major size Civil Engineering Contractor
- Possesses proven experience on challenging and diverse projects with major clients
- Proven experience from engineering background demonstrating progress to Site Agent through career development with both theoretical and practical experience
- CSCS card
- SMSTS (5 day)
- First Aid at Work (4 day)
- National Water Hygiene card