Position: E&I Commissioning Engineer – Water
Location: Thames Water
Salary/Rate Guide: £350.00 – £400.00 per day
Our Client is a leading design and build contractor operating in the water sector. They have over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centres, primarily supporting six long term water sector frameworks through a number of joint ventures and alliances.
They are looking to strengthen their site team with a Commissioning Engineer for a large Thames Water project in East London framework. You will be providing commissioning services to allow the company to minimise risks and maximise profits on turnkey and engineering services contracts. You will report directly to the Commissioning Manager and duties/responsibilities of the role will include:
- Provide commissioning expertise.
- Provide the appropriate level of quality.
- Participate in continuous improvement of the business processes.
- Plan resource requirements at project level.
- To achieve profitable operation in commissioning at project level.
- To provide cost effective system commissioning and ICA engineering
- To commissioning projects within budget allowed.
- To provide cost effective system commissioning and ICA engineering.
- To operate business processes within the framework of an ISO9000:2000 and TickIT certified Quality Management System.
- To assure effective documentation of the commissioning process, including commissioning data and as built documentation, input to O&Ms and feedback to the design disciplines.
- Recognise the importance of satisfying the customer as the key to achieving other objectives.
- Maintain Health and Safety levels during the commissioning activities.
- Recognise that Health and Safety considerations are central to all tasks, and contribute to ensuring safe working environment for all.
- Report safety issues responsibly, and participate in improving practice.
- Maintain a positive and solution oriented approach to work, providing open and honest feedback.
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure appropriate confidentiality
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience of water industry
- Commissioning in a contracting environment
- Complex commissioning projects;
- Process control systems and strategies;
- Electrical and instrumentation systems;
- Working within a certified quality management system.
- Knowledge of contract law including standard forms of contract in water or
- Process related industry.
- MEICA commissioning (desirable)