Position: Commissioning Engineer – Water
Location: Thames Water Region
Salary Guide: £50,000 – £60,000 Plus car Allowance and Excellent Benefits
Our client is a Tier 1 D&B Contractor operating predominately in the water industry, who are delivering a number of water and wastewater non-infrastructure projects for Thames Water.
They have a new vacancy for a Commissioning Engineer for their projects in the Thames Water region where you will carry out day to day on-site commissioning activities for various projects.
You will report directly to the Commissioning Manager and the responsibilities will include:
- Carry out day to day management, coordination and delivery of on-site commissioning activities and off-site commissioning planning activities, including planning for process commissioning and testing, for nominated projects within appointed region.
- Produce regular project reports and Commissioning Completion Reports on nominated projects.
- Ensure all necessary Commissioning documentation is produced in a timely manner and co-operate with Technical Documentation teams to ensure timely delivery of O&M manuals.
- Interface with ESD Engineering to ensure “design for commissioning”.
- Ensure the effective integration of assets into the existing works without detriment and risk to service level agreements.
- Manage and complete off-site testing and pre-commissioning activities by suppliers or others.
- Drive efficiencies and operate tight change control procedures on nominated projects.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Relevant qualification (electrical or ICA) or extensive proven experience
- Site experience in commissioning, preferably in water industry
- Sound commissioning experience both site based and in planning activities
- CSCS Card