Position: Commissioning Manager – Water
Salary/ Rate: £60,000 – £67,000 plus excellent package
Our client is looking to recruit a Commissioning Manager for their new AMP7 framework with Severn Trent Water. Based in Derby, you will deliver commissioning planning and commissioning activities for all projects in the Severn Trent region. You will also provide ownership of the commissioning process through all stages of a project lifecycle and achieving efficiencies associated with handover.
You will report directly to the Operations Director and the responsibilities will include:
- Resource management within the appointed region of STW, working with Project Managers.
- Day to day management and coordination of all commissioning and commissioning planning activities, including planning for process commissioning and testing, within that region.
- Carrying out commissioning activities personally.
- Effective engagement with the client and operational staff to obtain buy-in to proposed commissioning plan and ensure the effective integration of assets into the existing works without detriment and risk to service level agreements.
- Achieve fast and effective handovers (including the timely delivery of all commissioning documentation, training, etc.)
- Develop and operate an optimised interface with the engineering team to ensure “design for commissioning”.
- Prepare training plans, organize specialist training by equipment suppliers and personally deliver training where appropriate.
- Facilitate feedback of improvement information from commissioning.
- Encourage and manage off-site testing and pre-commissioning activities by suppliers or others.
- Ensure Commissioning is carried out safely in accordance with regulations and procedures.
- Ensure all necessary Commissioning documentation is produced in a timely manner and co-operate with Technical Documentation teams to ensure timely delivery of O&M manuals.
- Drive efficiencies and operate tight change control procedures.
- Monitor, measure and report on performance and drive continuous improvement
- Develop and improve commissioning processes and systems.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Relevant degree (electrical, mechanical or process) or other qualification
- Site experience in commissioning, preferably in water industry
- Electrical SAP qualification desirable
- Previous design and build water treatment experience preferably from a main contractor