Position: Construction Manager – Water
Location: Anglian Water Region
Salary Guide: £55,000 – £60,000 (DOE) Plus Car/Allowance and Benefits
Our client is a Tier 1 D&B Contractor operating predominately in the water industry, who have been awarded a £1.8 Billion programme of work to deliver over 800 infrastructure and non-infrastructure projects for Anglian Water.
They are looking to recruit a Construction Manager to oversee the management of quality, cost and timely delivery of all construction activity carried out on site through the leadership of Site Managers and on-site resources. With over 800 projects to deliver you will work on either Water/Water Recycling Non-Infrastructure or Infrastructure programme areas.
You will manage the Health, Safety, Environmental and Sustainability with responsibility for CDM for managing compliance for all delivered construction work within a designated team. Managing your local construction delivery team to ensure all construction activities are provided in compliance with the scheme deliverables, you’ll drive a culture of zero accidents and zero defects to meet the Delivery Milestones to provide the best service.
- Lead and manage site construction teams within designated portfolios to deliver projects within approved budget and to an agreed time frame; facilitate project construction kick off meeting and lead health checks.
- Responsible for the performance of tier 2 suppliers in relation to Safety, Time and Quality including approving RAMS ensuring they are appropriate and adequate.
- Take the lead with Constructability Reviews, Project Rehearsal and Fit for Assembly sign-off which drives outperformance and innovation where possible.
- Drive a focus on zero waste and reducing embodied carbon within construction activities.
- Ensure that the site teams are raising the relevant contractual and commercial notices to the rest of the Project Team in a timely manner.
- Work with the Lead Construction Manager to establish long term and short term resource needs (labour, plant and materials).
- Ensure full H&S compliance is achieved where the team feel safe everyday and have the confidence and autonomy to raise safety concerns.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience of managing operational resources in a fast-paced water industry environment.
- HNC/Degree in Civil or Construction Management.
- Site Management Safety Training Scheme and a Site Environmental Awareness Training
- CSCS Card (Black minimum)