Position: Design Manager
Location: East Sussex
Salary: £60,000 – £70,000 Plus Car Allowance and Package
Our client is looking to strengthen their Engineering team with a Design & Technical Delivery Manager for their Southern Water AMP7 framework where you will be responsible for delivering engineering solutions at a project/tranche level from initial definition of need through optioneering, solution development, detail design and construction support.
You will report directly to the Head of Engineering and the responsibilities will include:
- Lead a team of discipline design engineers in the development of wastewater technical solutions from initial need statement through optioneering, solution development, value engineering, detail design and construction support.
- Ensure affordable design solutions are developed within project budget and solution risk is appropriately managed and communicated throughout the solution development process.
- Establish collaborative working relationships with the client, design teams, construction staff and supply chain representatives to promote buildability and supply chain efficiency in design outputs.
- Ensure sustainable design solutions completed in accordance with CDM Regulations.
- Provide design solutions that meet all the requirements of the programme’s systems and governance procedures.
- Agree design budgets, monitor performance against the budget and provide forecast costs to completion for individual projects.
- Record, monitor and control design changes in order to maximise cost efficiency.
- Establish and agree design costs and programme timescales with the Programme Manager.
- Organise the work required and document the Design Management Plan / Project Execution Plan.
- Deliver the design stage outputs of each project within the agreed timescale and budget.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience of technical project delivery in a design-build environment
- Experience in the Wastewater Treatment Industry
- Experience in leading and managing multi-disciplinary design teams
- Degree in an engineering-related discipline
- Delivery-driven with the ability to set targets, manage and motivate multi-disciplinary teams to deliver to time, cost and quality objectives