Position: Graduate Systems Engineer
Salary Guide: £25,000 – £35,000 Plus Bonus and Package
Our clients core business is in the design, manufacture, installation and maintenance of aircraft engine test facilities for both the commercial and military aircraft sectors. Projects include the provision of systems for turbojet, turboshaft, turbofan and turboprop engine types.
They are recruiting for a Systems/SCADA Engineer to work on data acquisition systems, facility and engine control systems and power distribution systems. The SCADA Engineer will be primarily responsible for assisting with the design engineering, software configuration, installation, test and commissioning of these engine test systems and equipment. The position requires an understanding of software and electrical engineering, flexibility in performing multiple tasks and close interaction with clients, project managers, and other engineering and drafting personnel.
This role would suit someone with electrical, controls and instrumentation, ICA or PLC progamming experience and an interest in data acquistions systmes. Experience of LabVIEW or National Instruments products is highly desirable.
- Assist with the design and development of new data acquisition and control systems, considering existing proven designs and products, the results of engineering analysis, engineering principles, product safety and industry best practices.
- To work with and understand the core items that make up the Data acquisition & Control systems. The company primarily utilises National Instruments PXI CompactDaq and CompactRIO hardware, and LabVIEW software. The company also utilizes PLCs, primarily from Beckhoff.
- Configure, program and test the core devices and to document the process in accordance with company procedures.
- Develop written plans and manuals for the installation, testing, commissioning, operation and sustainment of SCADA equipment.
- Attend project review meetings, both on-site and off-site, as required in support of design, manufacture, supply, installation and commissioning activities.
- Assist the Engineering Manager as required to prepare statements of work, purchase descriptions for subcontractors and vendors and assist as required to prepare bills of material for buy-out items.
- Support the installation and commissioning of new hardware at client’s location in coordination with technicians and/or client personnel.
- Perform field inspections of existing client facilities and equipment in order to develop designs for new or modified products.
- Interpret client requirements, identify and address design parameters and engineering problems and ensure solutions are implemented accurately and in budget.
- Assist with In-Service Support contracts for calibration, maintenance, repairs, modifications and general technical support.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in software/electrical/aerospace engineering (or similar related degree)
- Experience working with LabVIEW Software and PLC programming is desirable
- Ability to develop, analyse and interpret technical documents and work specifications
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills and is a confident communicator in English
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex technical documents and capable of applying sound judgment to all required decisions and follow company processes and procedures as they apply to the tasks at hand.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks and to obtain cooperation of others in submitting required documentation and reports in a complete and timely manner.
- Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project.
Extended periods of overseas travel will be required to attend project meetings or engineering design reviews as well as overseeing and assisting during the site installation, testing and commissioning phase of the projects. This travel will typically be for 3-4 weeks at a time.
This position will require that the Employee be eligible for UK security clearance and therefore we can only accept applications from British Nationals. Additionally, due to the sensitive nature of the position, it will require execution of a non-disclosure and non-compete agreement.
Keywords: Controls Engineer, Systems Engineer, SCADA, PLCs, Data Acquisition, Telemetry, HMI,
Software Programming, PLC Programming, National Instruments, Beckhoff, LabVIEW, Instrumentation, Electrical, ICA