Position: Maintenance Supervisor/Manager
Salary: £40,000 Plus 17.% Bonus, £6000 Car Allowance and Excellent Benefits
Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week (Monday to Friday 7.00 – 16.00)
Our Client is the UK leader in Environmental Solutions. They offer services and expertise in waste, water and energy management helping to build a more sustainable future. As a global organisation, their work focuses on delivering simple but innovative solutions to preserving natural resources, reducing pollution and protecting our environment.
They have an exciting opportunity for an experience Maintenance Supervisor to join their team at their waste treatment and recovery facility in Liverpool. They are seeking an electrically biased Maintenance Supervisor/Maintenance Manager, who is passionate about their continuous professional development, their teams and has a desire to build upon their existing leadership skills.
Working within a supportive and innovative environment, this role will enable you to develop and lead a small multi-skilled team, whilst supporting the planned and reactive maintenance of an upper tier COMAH site.
Responsibilities and duties will include:
- Managing a small team and organising daily, weekly and monthly work orders via CMMS
- Managing a workshop and budgetary spend
- Supporting with contractor management, employee relations and induction processes
- Using company software to monitor and report on KPIs, safety and performance
- Reactive/ preventative of all maintenance including pumps, pressure systems, valves, pipework, telemetry, fans and temperature controls. Implemented both inside and outside of a safety instrumented system.
- Completing facilities maintenance and remedial work
- Compliance with all Health and Safety policies, procedures and regulations in line with the “think safe, work safe, home safe” approach
- Assist the Business Manager and Operations Manager in driving a culture of continuous improvement with respect to QHSE, operational compliance, people management and project delivery
- Ensure compliance with respect to QHSE, EPR and COMAH Regulations by following and ensuring all reports adhere to standard operating procedures and other related documents issued by Site Management
- Plan the team workload in conjunction with Operations Manager, addressing day to day operational issues efficiently. This includes the repair of the plant and use of contractors were applicable
- Playing a key role in assisting project work
- Managing holiday and sickness cover for the on site team
- Carrying out site based inductions for visitors and contractors
- Issuing Permit to Work and following associated procedures such as Control of Contractors
- Development and succession planning for the on-site team to ensure staff are motivated and engaged.
- Be a responsible for environmental, quality systems, health and safety standards, plus emergency response
- Adherence to and improvement of the management systems in place, assistance with the development of new management systems
Skills, experience and qualifications:
- City & Guilds 236/2365/NVQ level 3 or equivalent electrical qualification
- Strong experience within multi-skilled maintenance
- Relevant EC & I expertise with managing proof testing, permit to work, electrical installations/repair (prior engineering knowledge)
- Previous managerial expertise , supervisory or team leadership experience and a strong leader within a similar industrialised environment essential
- Strong working knowledge of Health and Safety in hazardous environments IOSH essential, NEBOSH preferable
- Mechanical experience managing/working with the repair and ordering of pumps, rotors, lifting, pipework and associated equipment
- Knowledge and expertise of working with Mobile plant
- Compliance and safety expertise within a regulated environment
- DSEAR – Dangerous substance and explosive regulation expertise
- PSSR (Pressure Systems Safety Regulations) knowledge desirable
- Budget/P & L skills
- Excellent planning, organising and project coordination skills
- Degree/qualified to HNC level (or equivalent) in a mechanical/engineering discipline
- Exposure to leadership/mentoring/coaching staff desirable to support succession planning activities
- Working to KPI’s