Position: Mechanical Engineer (multiple vacancies)
Salary Guide: £30-50k Negotiable (dependent upon experience)
Our Client is a leading design and build contractor operating in the water sector. They have over 1,000 staff working across regional centres, primarily supporting multiple long-term water sector frameworks through a number of joint ventures and alliances.
Due to recent successful bids on the AMP7 Frameworks, our client is looking to strengthen their Engineering team with Mechanical Engineers (all levels). Based at their head office in Manchester, you will produce superior quality engineering design services to allow the company to minimise risks and maximise profits on all contracts.
To ensure this the individual must produce mechanical design layouts taking due account of health and safety requirements, specifications and standards relating to the contract. Where applicable the individual must ensure that mechanical plant is procured on time and within budget
You will report directly to the Discipline Lead Engineer and the responsibilities will include:
- Produce mechanical design layouts which are cost effective, meet the requirements of the specification and which can be purchased, installed and commissioned effectively.
- Ensure that plant and equipment procured by the department is procured on time and to budget.
- Ensure that standard practices are utilised wherever possible.
- Monitor design costs and provide design services appropriate to the allowance available.
- Produce estimates and feedback for Proposals department.
- Co-ordinate designs with all other disciplines internal and external to ensure that all design elements are fully integrated.
- Provide services which focus on customer satisfaction.
- Recognise that satisfying the customer is the key to achieving other objectives, and that customers include everyone receiving benefit from our processes, whether end users or other departments within the company.
- Ensure that design takes full regard of all health and safety requirements.
- Ensure that designs take account of environmental issues.
- Minimum: HNC Mechanical Engineering with appropriate experience
- Ability to rationalise designs and produce economic plant layouts
- General knowledge of all aspects of water treatment, e.g. civil engineering, process engineering, electrical engineering and project management
- Have a knowledge of the principles of water and sewage treatment