Position: Mechanical Estimator/Proposals Engineer – Water
Location: North Derbyshire (Flexible – Home Based with travel to Office/Sites)
Salary Guide: £Negotiable (Dependant on Experience)
Our client is a principal contractor who design and construct efficient water and wastewater treatment facilities. They currently have a vacancy for a Mechanical Estimator/Mechanical Proposals Engineer to work on new AMP7 water frameworks.
- Develop the clients’ specifications and drawings in sufficient detail to enable the subcontractors to price their package of work accurately.
- Undertake pre-tender design layouts for water and sewage treatment works, including P&ID’s.
- To organise submission of Tenders (including technical and Commercial aspects)
- To respond to clients MEICA post Tender requirements.
- Appraisal of process designs solutions.
- Obtain accurate prices and quotations for all aspects of a tender relating to the MEICA element including subcontracts, materials and labour.
- Technically and commercially assess quotations.
- Produce an accurate estimate for MEICA related work for a Tender.
- Advise the Proposals Manager of any additional resources that may be necessary to complete the Tender.
- Preparation of Tender programme for MEICA equipment and MEICA activities.
- To document any areas of potential risk identified in the tender.
- Liaise with other interested parties (including process, civil engineering and commercial specialists).
- Attendance to site visits if required.
- Attendance to settlement meetings to discuss and explain, MEICA estimate.
- Preparation of tender submission (including technical and commercial aspects)
- Attend post-tender MEICA/commercial meetings with client.
- Adherence to the Company Q.A. system.
- Preparation of hand-over documentation after award of contract.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Preferably Degree qualified in Mechanical engineering discipline
- Experience within the Water Industry
- Contractually aware
- CSCS Card
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office software