Our client is looking to strengthen their Team with a Senior Mechanical Project Engineer for their Framework. They are part of a joint venture which will deliver a range of construction schemes to maintain and improve United Utilities water supply and wastewater treatment works within the North West region.
Based throughout the United Utilities region, you will assist the Project Manager in coordinating an effective and economic plant design and procurement strategy; ensuring technical, commercial and programme information is issued in time to enable construction, commissioning and putting to work in line with the Contract Programme; provide cost data for forecasts and evaluation of variations.
You will report directly to the Project Manager and the responsibilities will include:
* Production of Works Information scope of works for Mechanical packages.
* Reviewing technical specification (both internal engineering team and external Client standards) to ensure they meet the project technical and commercial requirements.
* Managing the supply chain through the procurement, engineering, implementation, commissioning and handover phase.
* Ensuring review of supplier schedule against the contract Programme, advising the PM of any changes that will affect completion.
* Ensuring production of monthly progress reports from the supply chain, if necessary, facilitating and coordinating progress meetings.
* Ensuring the production of QA documentation including but not limited to ITPs, check sheet, FAT documentation and O&M’s.
* Administration of the contract with the supply chain, including notifying the supply chain of any potential EWN’s, CE’s and change in scope.
* Ensure project costs do not exceed allowances.
* Ensure subcontract reviews, monthly forecasts are completed and submitted on time.
* Assist with the Project Management strategy.
* Mechanical engineering background
* Working knowledge of various conditions of contract especially NEC
* Engineering/ Technical qualification (HNC minimum) required
* Experience of supply chain expedition
* Knowledge of water and wastewater treatment processes
* CDM & Health & Safety knowledge
* Knowledge of United Utilities standards and specifications
* Relevant professional qualification an advantage
Permanent Package includes:
* A competitive salary
* Car/car allowance (subject to role and level of position)
* 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays (with an additional 5 days available to buy)
* Contribution Pension scheme
* Life Assurance
* Health Insurance
* Private medical Insurance
* And many more benefits including – cycle to work scheme, discounts and savings Hub, kids pass etc
Please note if you are interested in this role as contract it will be inside of IR35.