Position: Mechanical Project Engineer – Water & Wastewater
Salary Guide: £40,000 – £50,000 Plus Package (Dependent Upon Experience)
Our Client is a leading design and build contractor operating in the water sector. They have over 1,000 staff working across regional centres, primarily supporting multiple long-term water sector frameworks through a number of joint ventures and alliances.
They are looking to strengthen their Engineering team with a Mechanical Project Engineer to assist the Project / Construction Manager in co-ordinating an effective and economic plant design and procurement strategy; ensuring information is issued in time to enable construction, commissioning and putting to work in line with the Contract Programme; provide cost data for forecasts and evaluation of variations.
You will report directly to the Project Manager and duties/responsibilities of the role will include:
- Ensure project costs do not exceed tender/varied allowance
- Ensure all applications for payment are made on or before the due date
- Ensure contract reviews, monthly forecasts are completed and submitted on time
- Maintain good client relationships at all levels
- Assist with the Project Management strategy
- Establish and maintain the contract filing systems
- Assist in the production of the contract programme; monitor programme and produce progress reports
- Provide data for the timely production of O&M manuals
- Liaise with subcontractors and suppliers
- Liaise with site management on design and procurement issues
- Monitor subcontract performance
- Assist in the preparation of the construction completion and take over documentation
- Ensure your own continuous professional development by participating in external networking/conferences/associations/groups, to stay current on industry changes and innovations.
- Maintain a positive and solution oriented approach to work, providing open and honest feedback.
- Undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this role
- Work closely with design departments to ensure timely progressing of quality solutions
- Evaluate innovative solutions and processes
- Contribute to risk and opportunity schedules on a monthly basis
- Ensure designs are developed which are safe to construct, commission, operate and maintain
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Mechanical engineering background
- Working knowledge of various conditions of contract especially I Chem E & NEC
- Engineering/ Technical qualification (HNC minimum) required
- Experience of supply chain expedition
- Knowledge of water and waste water treatment processes
- CDM & Health & Safety knowledge
- Relevant professional qualification an advantage