Position: Mechanical Supervisor – Water
Salary Guide: £45,000 – £50,000 (DOE) Plus Car/Allowance & Package
Rate Guide: £350.00 Per Day (Inside IR35)
Our client is a Tier 1 D&B Contractor operating predominately in the water industry who have been awarded a programme of work to deliver non-infrastructure water and wastewater projects for Southern Water.
They are looking to recruit a Mechanical Supervisor on either a permanent or contract basis for a key project located near Maidstone where you oversee the removal of old high lift pumps and associated pipework and installation of new high lift pumps and pipework within an existing wet well.
You will report directly to the MEICA Manager and duties/responsibilities of the role will include:
- Supervision of site Mechanical installations.
- Ensuring SHE standards are maintained and safe systems of work are being adhered to.
- Ensuring a high-quality product is being produced in line with current standards and specifications.
- Verification of new systems.
- Safe isolation of mechanical/hydraulic systems.
- Monitor supply chain performance and programme.
- Review and monitor supplier inspection and test plans ensuring they are up to date and relevant to the work activity.
- Attend site inductions and toolbox talks.
- Support Commissioning activities where required.
- Attend collaborative planning meetings and have an active role in developing site delivery programmes.
- As Mechanical Appointed Person, ensure electrical safety rules are adhered to and supporting documentation is produced in line with CMDP electrical safety rules.
- Carry out mechanical/hydraulic/process isolations.
- Carry out regular safety inspections on temporary and permanent equipment.
- Hold 121’s with supply chain supervisors as required ensuring take 5s are carried out.
- Assist with compilation of project takeover documentation.
- Oversee pressure testing is being undertaken in line with current guidelines, and review test results.
- Issue required mechanical permits.
- Keep a daily diary of site activities.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Mechanical Engineering qualification
- Experience with clean water sites and water quality procedures on new installations
- SSSTS or SMSTS – Required
- FAAW – Required
- CSCS card – required
- EUSR Blue Card
- Confined Space and First Aid