Due to a growing service portfolio, our client is seeking to recruit two Mobile Mechanical and/or Multi-Skilled Technicians to work on water company sites in the London, South East and Southern area of the UK.
Mobile Mechanical Technician positions would suit existing Field Service Engineers looking for a new challenge or newly-qualified Technicians with energy and ambition. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a pro-active and passionate team!
* Work as part of a team, often consisting of two engineers across a range of sites.
* Carry out inspections, services and repairs to customers’ machines.
* Undertake mechanical and/or electrical repairs and make modifications to pumps, valves and mechanical and/or electrical control systems.
* Carry out complex and detailed machine overhauls.
* Carry out standard electrical operations such as isolating electrical motors and pumps.
* Carry out pipework installations using plastic, stainless steel and mild steel materials.
* Carry out welding repairs to frameworks and supporting structures.
* Undertake standby cover and overtime as required.
* Complete test reports, installation certificates and customer feedback documents.
We will consider applicants who have an apprentice background and also semi-skilled technicians with enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
* A positive attitude and approach to health and safety.
* Experience of following risk assessments and method statements.
* Experience in planned and reactive maintenance and fault-finding.
* Self-motivated and able to manage own workload.
* Full UK Driving licence.
* NVQ or a recognised apprenticeship in mechanical engineering maintenance.
* Previous post apprenticeship experience in working in an industrial environment.
* Water industry experience including experience with dewatering plant and processes, e.g. Belt Press, Gravity Belt Thickeners, Centrifuges, Drum Thickeners.
* Experience in pump maintenance, repair and operation.
* Experience with rotating machinery, chemical dosing systems, hydraulics and pneumatics.
* Experience or qualification in electrical engineering.
* Confined Space Training.
* CSCS certified.
* First Aid Trained.
Benefits you will receive within this role are:
* Eligible for Company Van
* 20 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays (days of annual leave will rise with extra overtime)
* Voluntary call-out benefits and overtime rates
* Pension Scheme