Position: Planning Manager
Salary Guide: £60,000 – £70,000 Plus Excellent Benefits
Our client is a Tier 1 D&B Contractor operating predominately in the water industry, who are delivering a number of water and wastewater non-infrastructure projects for Severn Trent Water.
They have a new vacancy for a Planning Manager to provide planning services for the Severn Trent Framework (portfolio of projects) to ensure that programme plans and project plans are accurately monitored and updated as well as be the driving force in continuous improvement and development of planning activity. In addition, provide planning co-ordination and leadership for the region.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ability to manage the planning services across a number of business units and provide specific planning function for business unit programme of work.
- Understanding of the multi-disciplined roles involved within an integrated programme. (i.e. design, construction, commissioning, interface with 3rd party others and framework partners).
- Knowledge of planning systems. (Primavera – Essential), (Microsoft Project -preferable)
- Provide programme management for a programme of work comprising of a number of individual projects and programmes (batches) combined to form a portfolio of work. Collaborate to determine the best fit for the projects within the programme for the cost/revenue/time, identifying and evaluating any potential efficiency within the programme of work i.e. geographical, process type or repeatability.
- Provide programme management to control the progress of individual projects and batches by identifying and producing integrated programmes of work, monitoring performance against plans and identifying problem areas and other effects.
- Minimise company risk by identifying the critical path within the whole programme of work and the individual contracts.
- Provide resource planning and levelling by appropriate resource analysis of activity to ensure the best fit for the projects within the overall portfolio or batch.
- Enable control of the progress of procurement by producing schedules for all materials and equipment, updating regularly and analysing the implications of updates.
- Update and monitoring of Project Plans for progress reports and to support applications for payment (if appropriate).
- Preparation of as-built programmes.
- Assist with programmes submissions for requests for extension of time.
- Provide programme/progress information in support of Earned Value Analysis as required.
- Appreciation of planning input into Key Performance Indictors and bench marking.
- Supervise and develop subordinates.
- Assist with minimising project and sub programme out turn costs.
- Assist with income forecasting.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Good understanding of Civil Engineering and M&E activity.
- Minimum 5 years planning experience.
- Possess sound understanding of planning skills and programming.
- Minimum Educated HND level.
- Excellent written contractual communication.
- Excellent verbal communication.
- Excellent knowledge of planning systems.
- Good coaching and leadership skills.
- Strong commercial awareness.