Project Engineer – Anaerobic Digestion
£45,000 – £55,000 Plus Package
Our client is developing and building multiple multi-year Contracts and Projects in the UK and are looking for skilled people to deliver on these fantastic opportunities in Anaerobic Digestion and Biomethane. They are recruiting Project Engineers who can lead these projects from inception to completion.
You will be delivering, supported by the Head of Engineering & Delivery and the Technical Manager, project tasks, designs and working with the internal team and process contractors/suppliers at various stages in the project life cycle, to deliver projects to specification, within agreed time frames and budget. Each project is valued at £25m with an estimated construction period of 9-12 months followed by extensive commissioning.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Outline and lead engineering on the projects from inception to completion of schemes
- The timely completion of multiple concurrent projects, safely and within budget
- Chair and attend internal and external review and progress meetings
- Active participant in Collaborative Planning
- Chair and attend engineering site visits/meetings
- Ascertain preliminary and detailed design/project requirements and solutions
- Prepare technical specifications and documents
- Complete contract documentation and manage the supply chain through the procurement, engineering, implementation, commissioning and handover phase
- Manage site safety, health and environmental issues
- Co-ordinate and liaise with suppliers, specialist sub-contractors, in-house functions, site installations and construction teams
- Proactively manage engineering risks and issues
- Answer questions and queries that arise during the project
- Procurement of plant, materials and specialist subcontractors
- Attend/undertake factory site and works testing, commissioning and client training
- Compile and collate final contract documentation, “As built” drawings, test sheets etc. for inclusion into operation and maintenance manuals
- Managing/overseeing the production of QA documentation including but not limited to ITPs, check sheet, FAT documentation and O&M’s
- Establishing and agreeing price variations and final accounts with the project QS
Here’s What You’ll Need:
You will have worked within multi-disciplinary teams having co-ordinated and supported staff, ideally in the Anaerobic digestion or biomethane sector or a relates process industry. You will be proactive and happy to take ownership of tasks and contribute to the growth of our business. We are looking for enthusiastic problem solvers who enjoys working as part of a developing business. As we move to a more flexible working arrangement, we require our staff to be similarly adaptable, agile, and flexible in their approach to working.
- Have a Bachelors or Master’s degree or equivalent in Chemical, Mechanical or Environmental Engineering or similar
- Experience in Anaerobic Digestion, biogas/biomethane, liquid organic waste management and biomethane injection would be beneficial.
- Understand anaerobic digestion and sludge. Production of process calculations, Process flow diagrams and developing specifications. Been involved in process reviews such as HAZOPs and ALM’s
- Understanding regulations and guidance for CNG, Biomethane, CO2 capture, DSEAR regulations and Biogas/biomethane technologies. Production of process calculations, Process flow diagrams and developing specifications.
- Experience in development of new and emerging technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with emphasis on working effectively in cross-functional teams at all levels of the company.
- Excellent IT skills. Additional knowledge of CAD and 3D modelling, plus process modelling software tools, Microsoft Project and collaborative planning tools would be advantageous.