Position: Project Engineer – Water
Salary Guide: £45,000 – £50,000 Plus Package
Our client is recruiting for a Project Engineer, based from their office near Basingstoke where you will work on clean water projects throughout the South East Water region, where you will be expected to write Works Information as well as take technical scope and reference for Civil and MEICA packages.
You will report directly to the Project Manager and the responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing technical specification (both form internal engineering team and external Client standards) to ensure they meet the project technical and commercial requirements.
- Managing the supply chain through the procurement, engineering, implementation, commissioning and handover phase.
- Ensuring review of supplier schedules against the contract Programme, advising the PM of any changes that will affect completion.
- Ensuring production of monthly progress reports from the supply chain, if necessary, facilitating and coordinating progress meetings.
- Managing/overseeing the production of QA documentation including but not limited to ITPs, check sheet, FAT documentation and O&M’s.
- Administration of the contract of the supply chain, including use of NEC3 software to notify the supply chain of any potential EWN’s, CE’s, CI or change in scope.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Engineering/Technical qualification (HNC minimum) required
- Working knowledge of various conditions of contract especially IChemE & NEC
- Experience of supply chain expedition
- Knowledge of water and wastewater treatment processes
- CDM & Health & Safety knowledge
Keywords: Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Project Delivery, Project Manager, Contracts, Water Treatment, Clean Water, South East Water, Thames Water, Southern Water, AMP6, AMP7, Design, Conditions of Contract, NEC