Position: Project Engineer – Water
Salary: £40,000 – £50,000 Plus Car/Allowance and Package
Our client is a large engineering company who operate predominately in the water industry. They have been awarded a contract with Wessex Water to design, build and refurbish their water treatment plants.
They are recruiting for a Project Engineer who will be responsible for the individual management of schemes predominately for the clean water industry, with a particular focus on capital improvement projects such as new Water Treatment Plants and pumping stations.
- Outline engineering from inception to completion of schemes utilising in-house resources, site installation and construction personnel
- The timely completion of multiple concurrent projects, safely and within budget
- Liaise with client’s engineering and operations staff to ensure KPI’s are met or exceeded within budget constraints
- Attend internal and external review and progress meetings
- Active participant in Collaborative Planning
- Attend site visits/meetings.
- Ascertain preliminary and detailed design/project requirements and solutions
- Prepare estimates and quotations
- Complete contract documentation to the supply chain
- Manage site safety, health and environmental issues
- Co-ordinate and liaise with suppliers, specialist sub-contractors, in-house functions, site installations and construction teams
- Procurement of plant, materials and specialist subcontractors.
- Attend/undertake factory site and works testing, commissioning and client training
- Compile and collate final contract documentation, “As built” drawings, test sheets etc. for inclusion into operation and maintenance manuals
- Responsibility for Profit/Loss on contracts/packages undertaken
- Establishing and agreeing price variations and final accounts with the project QS
- An industry applicable ONC/HNC/B.Eng or NVQ equivalent
- Demonstrable experience of working within the water and / or sewage industries
- Commercial and contractual awareness
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
Keywords: Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Project Delviery, Design, Water, Sewage, Wessex Water