Position: Quantity Surveyor
Location: County Durham
Salary Guide: £40,000 – £50,000 Plus Excellent Package
Quantity Surveyor for water and wastewater projects working for a Tier 1 contractor supporting the delivery of Northumbrian Water projects, ensuring the successful financial completion of challenging construction projects from contract award through to completion, as a key member of a successful project management team.
The responsibilities for this role include:
- Subcontract procurement from initial inquiry to placement of order.
- Financial management of subcontractor account from commencement on site to negotiation and agreement of final account.
- Preparation of monthly application for payment to the client and ensuring timely certification and payment.
- Preparation of monthly cost value reconciliation report.
- Preparation of monthly cost and value to complete forecast in conjunction with Site Manager.
- Undertaking contractual notifications, early warnings, compensation events.
- Preparation of final accounts.
- Assisting in cost and risk management.
- Development of supply chain relationships with suppliers and sub-contractors for the benefit of the project and future contracts.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Qualification at HND level as a minimum (or equivalent qualification)
- Comprehensive experience in a similar position with a medium to major size Civil Engineering Contractor
- Relevant experience on challenging and diverse projects with major clients e.g. Highways England, Water Companies, Petro/Chem
- Sound commercial/contractual knowledge
- Experience using NEC family of contracts
- Valid CSCS card
- BSc Degree in Quantity Surveying
- Possesses experience working on a Framework or in a collaborative environment
- Experience in dispute documentation – adjudication / legal