Position: Senior Civil Engineer – Water
Location: East Sussex
Salary: £45,000 – £55,000 Plus Car Allowance and Package
Our client is looking to strengthen their Engineering team with two Senior Civil Engineers for their Southern Water AMP7 framework where you will provide superior quality engineering design services to allow the company to minimise risks and maximise profits on turnkey and engineering services contracts.
You will report directly to the Design Manager and the responsibilities will include:
- Produce Civil design layouts which are cost effective, meet the requirements of the specification and which can be constructed and commissioned effectively.
- Ensure that standard practices are utilised wherever possible.
- Provide estimates and feedback for proposals department.
- Work to procedures and processes to ensure the continuing development of the department.
- Monitor and review the procedures and processes.
- Write, update and monitor efficient procedures to aid the smooth running of the department.
- Ensure co-ordination of designs with all other disciplines, both internal and external in order to ensure that the design processes carried out on the contract are coordinated for the benefit of the contract as a whole.
- Maintain files and records throughout the duration of contracts.
- Assist in supervising and developing staff.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Civil Engineering degree (Preferable)
- Membership of a professional institution chartered or nearing chartership
- Understand the principles of water and sewage treatment
- Ability to rationalise designs and produce economic plant layouts