Position: Senior M&E Engineer – Water
Location: Thames Water
Rate Guide: £350.00 – £400.00 per day
Our Client is driving the wet infrastructure sector globally and they are leading the world in results-oriented management, technical engineering and construction services to create a better world. The wet infrastructure sector they serve encompasses a variety of water-related projects and programs ranging from water supply, treatment and storage to water resources management and coastal restoration and from design and construction of hydropower and renewable energy facilities to full environmental services.
They are part of a joint venture which has been selected to deliver one of the largest and most varied water infrastructure improvement programmes in the UK. It will be providing design-and-build solutions for the development and delivery of Thames Water’s £2billion to £3billion AMP6 investment programme in a ‘super alliance’ of industry-leading organisations.
They are looking to strengthen their operations team with an M&E Coordinator for their SMB (Thames Water) joint venture based at Crossness. Within this role you will have responsibility for all aspects of the delivery elements of MEICA work on allocated Projects/Programmes of work.
You will report directly to the (Technically) M&E Manager & (Functionally) Contracts Manager and duties/responsibilities of the role will include:
- The M&E Coordinator will provide effective coordination across all designers, client, supply chain and all SMB delivery functions to ensure the most cost efficient and effective delivery of MEICA elements of projects/programmes of work
- Provide MEICA support to all SMB delivery functions
- Coordinate, challenge and optimise the MEICA technical solutions
- Ensure MEICA solutions comply with design and regulatory requirements
- Ensure SMB projects are resourced with the correct level of M&E personnel
- Recognise that Health and Safety considerations are central to all tasks and contribute to ensuring safe working environment for all.
- Understand and implement the Quality, Safety and Environmental Policies and Targets
- Provide an effective MEICA technical interface with the client and supply chain
- Develop and own the MEICA technical delivery plan
- Coordinate, challenge and optimise the MEICA technical solution across all designers and the supply chain
- Report into the management teams on all aspects of MEICA delivery including performance and cost, forecasting and key issues
- Ensure compliance of the MEICA technical solutions with design and regulatory requirements
- Operate rigorous change control procedures and deal effectively with technical queries
- Provide MEICA technical support across the whole project lifecycle
- Ensure early involvement and engagement with the commissioning teams
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- MEICA Engineering background particularly design, design delivery and build within the water industry
- Good commercial awareness and contractual experience
- In depth knowledge of sewage and water treatment processes, systems and M&E Plant and Equipment.
- Good working knowledge of water industry engineering practices, specifications and regulatory requirements.
- Good working knowledge of water industry supply chain.
- HNC/HND Engineering/Technical qualification
- Relevant professional qualification an advantage
Keywords: Project Manager, Project Delivery Manager, Technical Manager, Project Coordinator, Water, Sewage, Thames Water, AMP6, Crossness, Mechanical, Electrical, M&E, MEICA, Design, Projects, Installation, Commissioning, Site Management
Job Reference: 886078_1508423647
Salary: £350.00 - £400.00 per day
Salary per: Day
Job Duration: Ongoing
Job Start Date: ASAP