Position: Senior Planner – Water
Salary Guide: £50,000 – £60,000 plus Car/Allowance and Package
Our Client is a leading design and build contractor operating in the water sector. They have over 1,000 staff working across regional centres, primarily supporting multiple long-term water sector frameworks through a number of joint ventures and alliances.
Due to recent successful bids on the AMP7 Frameworks they are looking to strengthen their Engineering team with a Senior Planner to work on United Utilities projects.
You will report directly to the Planning Manager and the responsibilities will include:
- Enable Project Management to control the progress of contracts by identifying and producing integrated programmes of work (design, procurement, construction, commissioning and handover), monitoring performance against plans and identifying problem areas and potential early warnings.
- Minimise company risk by identifying the critical path for contracts.
- Help the project team minimise company risk by identifying the critical path for contracts.
- Enable resource planning and levelling by appropriate resource analysis of contracts
- Detailed knowledge of the NEC contract and programme requirements
- Lead the planning section at contract / progress review meetings.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- P6 experience
- Experience with working in the Water/Wastewater industry (design & build)
- Preferable previous experience of working on United Utilities projects
- Possess a sound understanding of planning skills and programming