Position: Senior Process Engineer – Water
Location: East Sussex
Salary Guide: £45,000 – £55,000 Plus Package (Dependent upon Experience)
Our Client is a leading design and build contractor operating in the water sector. They have over 1,000 staff working across regional centres, primarily supporting multiple long-term water sector frameworks through a number of joint ventures and alliances.
Due to recent successful bids on the AMP7 Frameworks, our client is looking to strengthen their Engineering team with a Senior Process Engineer to be based at their office near Brighton working on Southern Water AMP7 projects.
In this role you will deliver clean water process design solutions from initial definition of need through optioneering, solution development, detail design and construction / commissioning support. As part of an integrated, multidiscipline design-delivery team the role will require a collaborative approach ensuring effective communication and engagement with project Teams, supply chain and client engineering / operational representatives.
You will report directly to the Design Manager and the responsibilities will include:
- Develop process design solutions which are cost-effective, meet the requirements of the specification, governance procedures and can be constructed and commissioned effectively.
- Ensure process solutions can be effectively integrated with existing assets, attending site as required to establish condition, suitability and performance of such assets.
- Access Client data systems to obtain and analyse process data to support the above.
- Ensure standard designs and design practices are utilised wherever possible.
- Development of Commissioning and Compliance Plans.
- Working as part of an integrated multi-disciplinary design and delivery team, attend and contribute to all relevant project, technical and programme meetings.
- Establish collaborative working relationships with construction staff and supply chain representatives to promote buildability and supply chain efficiency in design outputs.
- Record, monitor and control process design changes in order to maximise cost efficiency.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience of clean water process design in a design-build environment.
- Flexible approach – ability to span projects from solution development through to ‘hands on’ process commissioning support on site.
- Collaborative working within multi-disciplinary design and delivery teams.
- Degree in an engineering-related discipline.
- Must be delivery-driven with the ability to manage workload to deliver to time, cost and quality objectives.