Position: Service Centre Manager
Salary Guide: £55,000 – £60,000 plus 15% bonus and excellent benefits
Our client has been creating premium heat transfer, separation and fluid handling technologies for more than 125 years, their products and solutions are used in such areas as water supply, food and beverages, power generation, energy, environmental protection and pharmaceuticals. They employ approximately 16,000 staff in more than 50 countries covering over 100 markets.
They have a vacancy for a Service Centre Manager. This is a senior role which has responsibility for the Service and Repair workshop in Surrey for Decanters, High Speed Separators (HSS), Plate Heat Exchangers (PHE) & the Parts Manufacturing Unit (PMU) and their Aberdeen service centre.
About the role:
- Manage a multi-skilled workforce including workshop, logistics and planning (circa 40 employees, 7 direct reports)
- Budget responsibility including monthly/quarterly forecast reporting and actions on variances. Setting and reviewing budgets and managing costs.
- Create, implement and manage the team vision, strategy, goals, priorities and activities
- Planning and controlling change
- Improve efficiency using innovative process improvement and established change management techniques
- Oversee the workload schedule for the workshop in line with agreed delivery dates
- Workshop KPIs including:
- Provide regular feedback to management on activity levels and financial performance
- Hours recovery
- Delivery on time / delivery accuracy
- Number of plates processed
- Managing quality assurance programmes
- Promote a positive H&S culture
- Lead the QHSE culture within the workshops ensuring standards are met and safety is a priority
- Managing H&S requirements for employees, sub-contractors & visitors
- Investigation of claims and non-conformances
- Facilitating in HSE audits and acting & reporting back on recommendations and requirements reported.
- Researching new technologies and alternative methods of efficiency
- Overseeing inventory, distribution of goods and facility layout
- Management of annual reviews, development plans, training requirements, absence and overtime monitoring and approval and bonus objective setting for workshop teams
- Ensure adequate and correct tooling is in place for all work processes
- Communicating with Divisional Manager on matters concerned with plans, programmes, policies, and performance feedback.
- Successful candidates will have professional factory experience, technical experience and capabilities, preferably gained in Service Operations or Production manufacturing.
- You will have Strategic Vision, using commercial acumen, market intelligence, business acumen and improvement strategies to enhance the capabilities of both the service centre and the sales company.
- Good communication skills and the ability to build rapport and influence all levels of the organisation and within the Group are essential.
- You will be a continuous improvement innovator with a project management mindset.
- Commercially aware with capability to build relationships with the sales company and directly with customers.
- Experience in either Kaizen, 5S, Six Sigma or problem solving and team leadership techniques an advantage.
- Strong skills in finance and budget management and a high level of accuracy and attention to detail are also essential.
Keywords: Service Manager, Operations Manager, Workshop Manager, Serving, Maintenance, Production Manufacturing, Mechanical, Plant, Centrifuge, Centrifugal Separator, Fluid Separation, Pumping Stations, Plate Heat Exchanges, GPHE, Decanters, High Speed Separators, Valves, Water, Sewage, Oil and Gas, Petrochem, Food and Beverages, Marine, Power Generation