Position: Site Manager – Water/Utilities
Location: Anglian Water Region
Salary Guide: £50,000 (DOE) Plus Car/Allowance and Benefits
Our client is a Tier 1 D&B Contractor operating predominately in the water industry, who have been awarded a £1.8 Billion programme of work to deliver over 800 infrastructure and non-infrastructure projects for Anglian Water.
They are looking to recruit Site Managers from either an M&E or a Civil engineering background to be based throughout the region who can lead these projects from inception to completion.
Based on designated sites, you’ll lead supervisors, delivery teams and subcontractors ensuring resources are utilised to an optimum level to meet budgets and delivery programmes to the highest quality and safety standards. You’ll play a key role in ensuring operational issues are flagged to Project Delivery Managers whilst encouraging your team to work in a proactive and innovative fashion to solve on-site issues and keep projects on track.
- Provide active positive leadership of Health & Safety on site.
- Responsible for driving cultural change into the Delivery and Design Teams to eliminate/minimise physical and nonphysical waste – i.e. recycling techniques and standing time etc.
- Oversee the management of site-based Supervisors, Delivery Teams and relevant areas of the supply chain to drive timely completion of projects, safely and within budget.
- Coach and mitigate underperformance of site team members to reduce the possibility of conflict and optimise performance.
- Ensure all initiatives are supported and implemented with minimal disruption by understanding preliminary and detailed design/project requirements and solutions.
- Proactively maintain all key site documentation including Health & Safety, Operation & Maintenance Manuals, site changes and contracts to meet legislation and company standards.
- Specify procurement requirements of plant, materials and specialist subcontractors using an appropriate financial management accounting system.
- Work closely with the project teams and program planner through our online portals to proactively manage site performance.
- To actively participate in collaborative planning and project rehearsals to ensure optimal buildability at design stage.
- Actively promote on site quality workmanship – a right first time approach, highlight and record defects pro-actively and rectification in a timely manner.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Certificate in Site Safety Management
- Managerial CSCS Card
- Mechanical and Electrical or Construction industry experience
- SEATS (Site Environmental Awareness Training Scheme)
- First Aid at Work Courses
- Certified Fire Marshall
- Experience in the water or utilities sector on either infrastructure or non-infrastructure projects
- Knowledge of water and waste water treatment processes