Position: Site Manager – Water
Location: Derbyshire (S33 0BE)
Salary Guide: £50k (Neg DOE) Plus Car/Allowance and Package
Our client is a Tier 1 D&B Contractor operating predominately in the water industry, who have been awarded a programme of work to deliver non-infrastructure projects for Severn Trent Water.
They are looking to recruit a Site Manager to oversee the timely delivery of all construction activity carried out on one of their key projects on a water treatment works. You will manage the Health, Safety, Environmental and Sustainability with responsibility for CDM, managing compliance for all delivered construction work within a designated team. Managing the local construction delivery team to ensure all construction activities are provided in compliance with the scheme deliverables, you’ll drive a culture of zero accidents and zero defects to meet the Delivery Milestones to provide the best service.
- Lead and manage site construction team to deliver the project within approved budget and to an agreed time frame; facilitate project construction kick off meeting and lead health checks.
- Responsible for the performance of tier 2 suppliers in relation to Safety, Time and Quality including approving RAMS ensuring they are appropriate and adequate.
- Take the lead with Constructability Reviews, Project Rehearsal and Fit for Assembly sign-off which drives outperformance and innovation where possible.
- Drive a focus on zero waste and reducing embodied carbon within construction activities.
- Ensure that the site teams are raising the relevant contractual and commercial notices to the rest of the Project Team in a timely manner.
- Work with the Lead Construction Manager to establish long term and short-term resource needs (labour, plant and materials).
- Ensure full H&S compliance is achieved where the team feel safe every day and have the confidence and autonomy to raise safety concerns.
- Adopt, maintain and promote cost conscious management through efficient use of all resources.
- Ensure realistic scheme programmes are prepared, reviewed and updated.
- Ensure method statements and risk assessments are prepared, reviewed, briefed and updated.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience of managing operational resources in a fast-paced water industry environment.
- Recognised Civil, Construction Management, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Qualifications
- Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
- Health, Safety and Environmental Management (IOSH or Construction Managers Safety Certificate)
- A competitive salary
- Car/car allowance (subject to role and level of position)
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays (with an additional 5 days available to buy)
- Contribution Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Health Insurance
- Private medical Insurance
- And many more benefits including – cycle to work scheme, discounts and savings Hub, kids pass etc.
Health & Safety