Position: Sub Agents and Site Agents – Water
Location: Berkshire, Wiltshire, Oxfordshire or Buckinghamshire Regions
Salary Guide: £40,000 – £55,000 Plus Car Allowance and Excellent Benefits
Our client is a Principal Contractor operating within the water industry and they are one of the framework partners to Thames Water working on their AMP7 schemes. They currently have a number of vacancies for Sub Agents and Site Agents to work on water and wastewater projects throughout the Thames Valley region.
In this role you will manage projects from contract award through to completion; reporting to either a Contracts Manager or Project Manager depending on the value and complexity of project and personal experience/ability. You will ensure the successful completion of projects by achieving acceptable financial outcomes, whilst maintaining and improving client relationships, and adherence to the quality, safety and environmental policies of the business.
They have committed to working collaboratively with Thames Water, their strategic suppliers and other stakeholders to embed MMC (Modern Methods of Construction), particularly off-site manufacturing.
- Resource allocation and management of Site staff;
- Reporting to the senior Manager on Department budget control procedures for contracts and progress against programme;
- Ensure safe systems of work and the Company Safety Policy are practiced;
- Enforcement and monitoring of the Division’s Quality Assurance and Env systems;
- Management of projects/contracts;
- Motivation of staff;
- Communication at all levels regarding progress of projects;
- Staff recruitment;
- Directly supervise Sub Agents, General Foreman;
- Indirectly supervise Site Engineer, Foreman and Gangers.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Essential Civil Engineering/Building qualification
- Preferred BSc Degree in Civil Engineering
- Chartered status or approaching
- Evidence of relevant post graduation practical training e.g. attendance on courses for Form of Contracts, Formwork/Falsework Appreciation, Concrete Technology, H & S Management etc.
- Has held a similar position with a medium to major size Civil Engineering Contractor for at least 2 years (essential)
- Possesses proven experience on challenging and diverse projects with major clients e.g. LUL, HA, Water Companies, Petro/Chem.;
- Proven experience from engineering background demonstrating progress to Site Agent through career development with both theoretical and practical experience
- CSCS card
- SMSTS (5 day)
- First Aid at Work (4 day)
- National Water Hygiene card